We are open! And plan to be open each week through the end of October. After that we are working on some possible holiday/winter season markets so stay tuned. Please invite your friends and family to check out the Washtenaw Organic Collaborative!
Autumn brings some new things, be sure to check out our new items today!
HOW IT WORKS : Order Sundays-Wednesdays for Saturday pickup or delivery.
1) CREATE AN ACCOUNT Enter your contact info & pick-up location or delivery option – this can be adjusted later. Here is a map of the current pick-up locations: Brines Farm and Slow Farm.
2) ORDER Select “The Market” and begin placing items in your cart. When finished, select “proceed to check out.” There you can verify the quantity of items ordered, leave notes for your growers, and choose your pick up location or delivery option, and pay. You’ll receive a receipt by email. All submitted orders are considered final on Wednesday at 5pm
3) PICK UP & ENJOY Every Saturday, pick up your individually packaged order. The Slow Farm pickup location is a no contact pickup – please stay in your car, we will place items in your trunk. The Brines Farm pickup location is self-service off of farmhouse porch. Paid delivery option will arrive at your doorstep about midday. Pick up will be at either:
Brines Farm: Saturdays 9am-5pm (self-serve porch), 6384 Walsh Rd., Whitmore Lake, MI 48189. OR
Slow Farm: Saturdays, 9am-12pm (no-contact pickup, items placed in your car), 4700 Whitmore Lake Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Double check the pickup location noted on your receipt/invoice – and remember it for Saturday.
- Delivery to your location is created by adding the $10 delivery item to your order basket.
- If we cannot fulfill an item it will be refunded.
- We cannot accommodate late pick ups or changes in pick up locations.
- Missed Pick Ups will be donated or returned to vendors.
We appreciate your support! See you on Saturday!
May 3-6 Washtenaw Organic Collaborative Open for Orders
The Washtenaw Organic Collaborative online market is open and taking orders on May 3-6 for pickup or delivery on May 9th
We farmers, pasturers, beekeepers and bakers have heard so many positive responses from eaters in our community. We really hope you have been enjoying delicious food (and having fun planting trees in your yard)!
Want to try it out or order again?
STEP 1) SET UP To place an order, the first step is to create an Account, which you have already done to receive this notification.
STEP 2) PLACE AN ORDER Once your Account is created, you can place orders on The Market page and receive email updates from market managers. When you have completed your order, double check the number of items to make sure you have what you want (including the paid delivery item if desired), then click ORDER. You will be able to choose your pickup location and pay with a credit card. You’ll receive a receipt by email. Double check the pickup location noted on your receipt/invoice – and remember it for Saturday.
STEP 3) PICK UP Orders will be packed individually and labeled with your name and a pack list. An email just prior to pickup/delivery will give your instructions and details for all pickup and delivery options.
REGARDING SEEDLINGS AND TREES: Unless marked “5/9 Pickup,” Garden Seedlings & Tree orders are currently for pre-order only and will be available for pick up at a later date.
PLEASE NOTE: All submitted orders are considered final on Thursday. Ordered items we cannot fulfill will be refunded. At this time, we cannot accommodate late pickups, changes in pickup locations or specific delivery time requests. Missed pickup items will be donated or given back to the vendors.
Thank you very much for your support!